Since we released VoiceLive 3 in January, we’ve had many enthused conversations with you guys on what features could be improved or changed to better fit your performance needs – and one of the things that came up a lot was the looper.
So, based on your feedback, artist suggestions, and our love of tinkering, we’ve gone through 50 (!) internal revisions to make sure that this thing kicks even MORE a$$ for you – and the result is finally here for all of you to enjoy!
New Update Features
The biggest overall change is to the feel, accuracy and musicality of the onboard looper, which is destined to make a massive difference for your live performance.
- Looper – Timing precision of record, overdub, swap and playback increased for more natural looping.
- Looper – Allow smart sync from any loop to any loop (A used to have to be the master)
- UI – Added Loop Input options for STEP and Switch-3 (watch the video for an explanation of how it works)
- Looper – Playback position easier to see (larger/wider bar)
- Looper – Added input and sync mode indicators to the looper screen display
- Looper – Improved sensitivity of waveform display (less likely to show no waveforms with lower level input)
- Looper – More accurate tracking of free space available
- Looper – Added warning for no loop space remaining
- Looper – Show warning if user turns off MET in quantize mode (MET on/mute is required for Quantize to work properly)
- UI – Added popup for loop input changes via STEP and Switch-3
- UI – Added current Key/Scale display to Home screen
- UI – Updated USB drive detection
- UI – Reduce Mixer screen timeout duration
- UI – Added “speedbump” detent to any parameter with symmetric values. *In english* If the parameter goes equal distances one way and the other, like Pan, it’ll stop in the middle now. It makes it much easier to get “back to 0″.
- UI – Added expression pedal vocal level target
- UI – Store LED now lights when store page is active
How To Get The Firmware
- Download and install VoiceSupport- our free app for PC/Mac
- Connect VoiceLive 3 to your computer using the supplied USB cable
- Launch VoiceSupport
- After the updates have downloaded, click on the Firmware tab
- Click on the topmost firmware version. It will likely say “New” next to it.
- Allow the update process to complete. DO NOT UNPLUG OR REBOOT YOUR UNIT!
- The device will come back to normal operating status on its own
- If you have trouble connecting to VoiceSupport, try the steps in this HELP FAQ